The Ballantyne Breakfast Club is having its first meeting of 2016 on Saturday, February 13th. Referred to as the Breakfast Club's annual "Priorities Meeting," Saturday's meeting is co-hosted with the Ballantyne Chapter of the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce. See the invitation below for details on this hugely popular and widely attended annual event where local government and civic leaders discuss their priorities and goals for the Ballantyne community for the coming year. A unique "Town Hall-style" event, its purpose is to provide Ballantyne and Charlotte residents an opportunity to meet one-on-one with a broad range of elected representatives, county/city department managers, service providers, and others who add value to and impact the Queen City's lifestyle.
Invited guests attending on Saturday include:
- Elected Representatives from the State, County, City and Charlotte's School Board, including Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts
- Charlotte City Manger and Mecklenburg County Manager
- Representatives from the Charlotte/Mecklenburg Police Department, Charlotte Fire Department, and Mecklenburg County Sheriffs Department
- Representatives from Charlotte Department of Transportation (CDOT), North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) and Charlotte Area Transportation System (CATS)
- Representatives from the Charlotte Planning Department, Budget Department and Water Department
- Representatives from the Mecklenburg County Parks and Recreation Department
- Representatives from the CRVA, Charlotte/Mecklenburg Sschools, Center City Partners, YMCA, Chamber of Commerce, NAACP, Wingate University, Central Piedmont Community College, and University of North Carolina/Charlotte
- Representatives from Ballantyne Corporate Park, Waverly, and David Weekley Homes
Tables will be arranged throughout the Ballantyne Ballroom where you can meet these representatives and learn about their priorities, as well as share your opinions with them.
A few of the "hot" topics open for discussion at The Ballantyne Breakfast Club Priorities Meeting include:
- Public safety concerns and whether Charlotte's police and fire deparments have the necessary staffing, equipment, new stations, etc.
- Potential increases in taxes and service fees.
- Redistricting plans for the Charlotte Meckleburg Schools.
- Status of the search for a new CMS Schools Superintendent.
- Concerns about traffic congestion and road work needed in Charlotte.
This is the first of six meetings held throughout the year, typically on the first Saturday of February, April, June, August, October, and December. All meetings are open to the public at no cost. The Ballantyne Breakfast Club is now in its 16th succcessful year of providing opportunities for Ballantyne residents to meet and to learn about community events and priorities. Whether you've lived in Ballantyne for years or are a newcomer, the Ballantyne Breakfast Club meetings are a "must go" to stay on top of neighborhood developments. And you don't need to live in Ballantyne to be welcomed to Ballantyne Breakfast Club meetings.
When: Satuday, February 13, 2015
Time: 9:00am - 11:00am with coffee and refreshments available beginning at 8:30am
Where: Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge in the Ballantyne Ballroom
Directions: 10000 Ballantyne Commons Pkwy/Charlotte, NC 28277
Parking: Ballantyne Hotel parking lot
- More Information: www.BallantyneBreakfastClub.com
Want to stay on top of the market trends in your Charlotte metro neighborhood?
Sign up for your FREE Market Snapshot. You'll recieve the latest trends for your neighborhood for sold homes, properties for sale, inventory counts, and even "days-on-market". You can also view information regarding schools and community.
Broker, Realtor, CRS, GRI, ABR, SRES, CDPE, SFR, SPS, CMRS
Carolinas Realty Partners with RE/MAX Executive Realty
Search for Charlotte Area Homes: www.HomesInCharlotteArea.com
2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Charlotte Magazine 5-Star Customer Satisfaction Award Winner
Connect with me also on these sites:
Oh by the way, I'm never too busy for any of your referrals!