Today Is National Ice Cream Day!
Go Out And Enjoy Some Ice Cream!
Did you know that today, July 20th, is National Ice Cream Day? What a great excuse to go out and enjoy some ice cream guilt free!
And if you're in Charlotte, North Carolina you can buy a junior cone at Carvel for just 80 cents. But you do need a coupon to take advantage of this offer, so click here for your 80 cent junior cone at Carvel coupon. South Charlotte's Carvel store is located at 11508 Providence Road. (Or get your coupon on Carvel's Facebook Page.
5 Fun Facts About Ice Cream That You Might Not Know:
- We can thank President Ronald Reagan for signing a proclamation designating July as "National Ice Cream Month" in 1984 and the third Sunday in July as "National Ice Cream Day."
- Despite the proliferation of all sorts of ice cream flavors in the past couple of decades, vanilla ice cream is still the favorite by far, with chocolate a distant second best.
- Americans consume more ice cream than any other nation in the world--some 48 pints per person per year!
- 9% of our total milk production goes to making ice cream.
- Immigrants arriving at Ellis Island were served ice cream as a welcome. (Maybe that's how Americans started developing their taste for ice cream.)
Click here for more fun facts about ice cream.
By the way, if you're watching your waistline, check out Sweet Freedom Ice Cream by Blue Bunny... sugar free and you'd never know it! (That's my personal guilty pleasure with no guilt when it comes to ice cream.)
If you like making your own ice cream, check out some great ice cream recipes here. And if your four-legged family members love ice cream, check out Frosty Paws' Facebook Page--you can celebrate National Ice Cream Day (and Month) with man's best friend!
Broker, Realtor, CRS, GRI, ABR, SRES, CDPE, SFR, SPS
Carolinas Realty Partners with RE/MAX Executive Realty
Search for Charlotte Area Homes: www.HomesInCharlotteArea.com
2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Charlotte Magazine 5-Star Customer Satisfaction Award Winner
Oh by the way, I'm never too busy for any of your referrals!