Thanksgiving Day isn't but a week away and if you're not in the mood to do a lot of cooking, dining out on Thanksgiving Day in Charlotte is easier than you might think. Quite a number of the Queen City's restaurants are open for a sumptuous meal, letting you enjoy the holiday without all the muss and fuss of preparation and clean-up.
If you're thinking of dining out on Thanksgiving Day, don't delay in making your reservations--it's just 7 days till Thanksgiving and the top places get booked up quickly and early.
Here's a "baker's dozen" of Charlotte's finest and most popular eateries that will be open on Thanksgiving Day:
- The Ballantyne Hotel (my personal favorite): offers a Thanksgiving Brunch from noon till 4pm. It's buffet style and there's something for everyone's taste. 704-248-4100. Address: 10000 Ballantyne Commons Pkwy, Charlotte, NC 28277.
- New South Kitchen & Bar: will be serving a traditional Thanksgiving dinner from 11am till 5pm. 704-541-9990. Address: 8140 Providence Road, Charlotte, NC 28277.
Uptown Area/South End
- The Capital Grille: reserve your table online for Thanksgiving Day at thecapitalgrille.com. Dinner will be served from 2pm till 8pm. 704-348-1400. Address: 201 N Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28202.
- Blue Restaurant: is offering a Thanksgiving Day brunch from 10:30am till 2:30pm, enhanced by live Jazz and drink specials. 704-927-2583. Address: 206 North College Street, Charlotte, NC 28202.
- Nan and Byrons: will be serving a prix fixe, three-course Thanksgiving meal from 11pm till 9pm. 980-224-7492. Address: 1714 South Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28203.
- Sullivan's Steak House: will be serving a classic oven roasted turkey dinner from 12pm till 8pm. 704-338-9444. Address: 1928 South Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28203.
- Big Ben Pub: traditional Thanksgiving menu will be enhanced with traditional British trimmings. Open 11am till 10pm. 704-8179697. Address: 2000 South Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28203.
- Palm Restaurant: in Phillips Place will be offering a three-course, prix fixe Thanksgiving Day menu from 2pm till 7pm. 704-552-7256. Address: 6705 Phillips Place Court, Charlotte, NC 28210.
- Maggiano’s Little Italy: in South Park Mall will be serving a traditional Thanksgiving Day menu from 2pm till 8pm. 704-916-2300. Address: 4400 Sharon Road, Charlotte, NC 28211.
- McCormick & Schmicks’s Seafood: will be open from 11am till 9pm serving traditional turkey dinners. 704-442-5522. Address: 4335 Barclay Downs Drive, Charlotte, NC 28209.
- Ruth Chris Steak House: will be serving a traditional turkey dinner from 11am till 8pm. 704-556-1115. Address: 6000 Fairview Road, Charlotte, NC 28210. Here's a link to their Thanksgiving Day menu: http://www.ruths-chris.com/#!thanksgiving-menu/c1z0.
- Buca di Beppo: offers a traditional turkey dinner feast along with its Italian favorites starting at 11am on Thanksgiving Day. 704-542-5146. Address: 10915 Carolina Place Parkway next to the Carolina Place Mall, Pineville, NC 28134.
Fort Mill Area
- Passion 8 Bistro: will be serving a traditional Thanksgiving dinner from 4pm till 8pm. 803-802.7455. Address: 3415 Hwy 51, Fort Mill, SC 29715.
Dining out in Charlotte on Thanksgiving Day is easy and there are plenty of places to go in all the areas of town. Just don’t forget to make those reservations!
Broker, Realtor, CRS, GRI, ABR, SRES, CDPE, SFR, SPS, CMRS
Carolinas Realty Partners with RE/MAX Executive Realty
Search for Charlotte Area Homes: www.HomesInCharlotteArea.com
2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Charlotte Magazine 5-Star Customer Satisfaction Award Winner
Oh by the way, I'm never too busy for any of your referrals!